02 February, 2008

December Done

I am done with December although the colours of the photo are not showing quite what I want. The blue background is a really bright blue.

For me, Xmas should be when it is warm, not in cold Chicago, sitting on a beach somewhere. So I decided to bead my own Xmas tree on the beach. As I started beading this piece, I was remembering my favourite beach - Shell Beach, near Port Macquarie in NSW, Australia. I had some shells so I found a way to bead with them. Every time I look at this piece, I am reminded of my brother teaching my kids to body surf on this beach and the rocks where my eldest went fishing. The perfect beach!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Cindy, what a cool piece! I love the textures--the whole piece really pops. Great work!

Robin said...

Another unexpected twist to or look at Christmas!!! I'm glad you explained the pile of rocks as it puzzled me and looked so "dark" compared to the tree, shells and blue sky. As with your others, I sure wish I could see this in person.

KV said...

A wonderful memory page! I can tell you had quite a bit of fun doing this one . . .


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Your page reminds me of Christmas in Southern California. It might not have been warm enough for the beach but we never had real cold or snow either.
Very nice page.

Magpie Sue said...

I'm not an Aussie but I'd sure rather be on an Australian beach for Christmas than anywhere in the northtern hemisphere! I may have to do something like this for myself for next year...!

Judi D said...

Barb, your tree is divine, very rich in your choice of color.