24 September, 2007

Bead Journal - September Finished!

September is finished! Unfortunately the camera does not really do justice to the colour of the beads. I love the colours and the flow of this piece. It really makes me feel like I've made something beautiful out of the chaos that is September!

I was going to put a boarder around this piece like I did for June & July but I really thought that would take away from the colours. Considering I feel the same way about my August piece (which I'm still working on) I have decided that they do not all need to have borders around them.

I'm also starting to think of other ways that I could possibly display these pieces. They are heavy so they do need some sort of support but how I'm going to do that, I'm not sure. I had been thinking about framing them but I'm thinking, although they are all a similar size, they don't all look similar & putting them all in the same frame, might cause them to detract from one another. I'll have to give some serious thought as to how to display them.

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's wonderful! So colourful and happy - so unlike my Septembers usually are!
I am trying to figure out the finishing part now too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This one really turned out great. How about foam core board for a backing in a sleeve. It is lightweight and fairly sturdy. Do you use a special thread for beading? Any favorite websites for beading supplies?

Cindy said...

I just use the regular beading thread, nymo. I used to go to Beadazzled in Evanston when it was owned by my friend. Haven't really found any other places where I only go to recently. I try to get what I can in Hong Kong, it is cheaper :)

Padparadscha said...

I love this, it makes me feel excited as a child and happy ! What a great design !

Veleta (Sammy) said...

This is awesome! The colors and the texture just draws you in! glad you are official in this project..

ACey said...

love the colors and the visual rhythm crated by the way they're interspersed and weave together. Welcome to your "official" status in teh group!

KV said...

This is wonderful stuff! Those colors just sing and hum and make one smile -- a lot!


Kathy V in NM

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow! I love the colours on this page:)