02 February, 2009

Socks

Being in Hong Kong is a little frustrating artistic wise as I have only brought my knitting with me. It is the easiest thing to travel with. But I am keeping a sketch book & have all these wonderful ideas of things to work on when I get back to Chicago. I will have lots of things to get caught up on when I get back but the kids will still be in school and my husband still in Hong Kong so I will have the time.I have, though, been knitting away. I have not yet finished this sock but this is the bamboo yarn that I hand dyed. I am loving the look and the feel. I'm hoping that it will also feel good when worn.

I have also started on a knee high sock. So far I'm also loving this too.
I still have a ways to go but without having to worry too much about shaping, it is the perfect thing to be working on when riding the escalator home. Hong Kong has this fantastic way to get from Central to Mid-Levels. It is this really long escalator system. There are lots of fun things along the way to see. We live about 1/2 block from the top of the escalator. The biggest problem is that it can only go one way. Until 10am in the morning it heads down. The whole thing is then manually turned around to go up the hill. I have seen them do it. It takes about 20-30 mins for them to go to each escalator & turn it around. It really is an amazing form of transport.

2 comments:

PaMdora said...

Your knitting pattern looks great! I can really only knit one color, tried to make a pattern once and only got a tiny swatch done.

Amazing escalator! I've never seen anything like it so thanks for the photo.

Cindy said...

Oh but this is the best part. That is all one yarn! It is so easy, just looks complicated! Check out your local yarn shop and ask them for yarn that patterns.

Yes, the escalator is amazing and so useful. Saves a bit on the pollution as well.