03 May, 2008

October Finally Finished!

October is finally finished! I had been trying to work with what I originally started on while in Hong Kong but it was just not working. Sometimes you just have to move on! October was a busy month. I spent 2 1/2 weeks traveling literally around the world with carry on only! An interesting experience :) I started in Hong Kong, we then flew on to Amsterdam where we were impressed with the amount of bikes! I have never seen so many. We then ended up in London for a meeting my husband was attending (the purpose of my ticket). This is my version of Big Ben. From there I flew back to Chicago. I was trying different things with this piece. I'm not sure how I like it but I have learnt some new dos & don'ts for beading so that is important.

5 comments:

a2susan said...

Hi, Cindy. I really like this piece. It is reflective of where you were in your life and when you look at it you'll always have those memories.
Susan

Robin said...

I LOVE this one Cindy... It's very artful the way you let the bicycle wheel go off the page... and the sense of travel is certainly there... bit of a mystery in it too... maybe the background fabric. I think it's a keeper for sure!

Robin A.

Timaree said...

Looking at this page I'd say you were more impressed with the bicycles in Amsterdam than with Big Ben! I think you did a great job.

KV said...

This is a wonderful page, Cindy! It is full of vibrant color and motion -- love it!


Kathy V in NM

Ellen said...

What a deightful page, & what a super journey!